18 May at The Wine Library @ Culture Wine Bar, 103 Bree Street starts 18:00
Join us for our weekly exploration into the world of wine. In the larger world of wine Beaujolais has probably been the biggest comeback story of the last 10-20 years. No longer is it only viewed as a overly fruity, bubblegum flavored, glug-in-its-infancy wine. The work of legends such as Marcel Lapierre and Jean Foillard has elevated the Gamay grape to heights where it has become very much a grape expressing a true sense of place. Join us, and Tom Prior from Radford Dale, as we taste through the different expressions of Gamay Noir from the Beaujolais region in France.
- Domaine des Nugues Village 2018, Beaujolais
- Dominique Piron 'Quartz' 2018, Chenas
- Chateau Thivin 'Reverdon' 2018, Brouilly
- Chateau de la Chaize 'Lieu-Dits Bruhlier' 2018, Cote de Brouilly
- Domaine de la Grosse Pierre 'la Grosse Pierre' 2018, Chiroubles
- Domaine de la Grosse Pierre 'Grilles Midi' 2018, Chiroubles
- Radford Dale 'Thirst' Gamay Noir 2020, Stellenbosch
- Radford Dale 'Antidote' Gamay Noir 2019, Stellenbosch
- Domaine des Marrans 'les Marrans' 2018, Fleurie
- Domaine Madonne 'Vielle Vignes' 2018, Fleurie
- Domaine Foillard 2018, Morgon Cote du Py
- Domaine Paul Janin et Fils 'Heritage' 2018, Moulin a Vent
Cost: R425pp including canapés
Date: Tuesday 18 May
Time: 18:00 for 18:30 start
Where: The Wine Library @ Culture Wine Bar
**Only 20 seats per event.
Bookings are made via our Dineplan Calendar. Select the date you wish to book, choose 18:00 and "Culture Club". A deposit of R150 is charged to secure your seat which will be off set against your final bill on the night.